Mary’s vision for Baltimore is that we’ll no longer be a city where your zip code determines your future, and that begins with education. Every student in Baltimore has the right to a quality education, but our current education system is deeply inequitable and underfunded.
The recommendations from the Kirwan Commission and the Baltimore City Public Schools Blueprint for Success give us the path toward a more equitable, responsive, and effective school system. We need a Mayor in City Hall who will take action.
As Mayor, Mary will strengthen our education system by:
- Prioritizing Public Education in the City Budget,
- Expanding Access to High-Quality Early Childhood Education,
- Developing a Professional and Diverse Workforce of Educators,
- Preparing Students for 21st Century Work, and
- Investing in the Holistic Needs of Children and Their Families.